Careers & Opportunities
Re-Envision Your Future
We’re about to rewrite history in Australia and we’re looking for passionate and dedicated professionals who are ready to embrace the next chapter in their tax and business career.
Globally, the member firms of Andersen Global are committed to hiring the best and the brightest and investing in their people. Locally, we keep that vision alive and aim to create an environment where you will be included, supported and have a hands-on relationship with your clients.
Explore Current Opportunities
- You’re looking for an environment where you will be seen, supported and directly serve your clients.
- You will be proactive & commercially aware with strong attention to detail and good communication skills.
- You enjoy analytical projects and can work autonomously.
- You’re ready to be part of something unique and interesting and enjoy collaborating and being part of a team.
Ideally, you are currently working at a Big 4 firm, second tier-chartered accounting firm, law firm or a private firm in the corporate, expatriate, transactions or international tax areas.
Alternatively, you may have started your career at the Australian Taxation Office.
About the role
This role will give you variety and learning. You will predominantly support the Corporate & International Tax team but you may also provide assistance to our Global Mobility Tax team and our Business Outsourcing teams from time to time.
You’ll be adept at balancing the technical nuances of tax law with commercial considerations.
You’ll be comfortable with:
- Preparation of individual/trust/company/FBT returns and BAS
- Basic exposure to private and corporate tax issues such as GST, loss testing, structuring and tax due diligence.
- Client interaction
- Ability to undertake technical research and draft memorandums/letters of advice
It’s not essential, but helpful if you have experience in:
- Liaising directly with clients and managing basic engagements.
- Cross border tax issues, (such as residency, permanent establishment, transfer pricing, CFCs and thin capitalisation) and transactional M&A work.
- Preparation of financial statements
- Tax effect accounting
- R&D tax incentive
- Employee Share Schemes
It is essential that you are currently degree qualified in Accounting or Law (or both) and it would also be advantageous if you are working towards a post graduate qualification, including CA/CPA or Masters of Tax/Law.
Why Andersen in Australia?
Being part of Andersen in Australia means exploring growth and advancement, not only for the firm, but for every single individual who is a part of it.
We’re a diverse team who thrive on respect and support for each other as individuals and professionals. Our people share a common vision around their commitment to client service.
We have a global presence through the member firms and collaborating firms of Andersen Global. Our commitment to stewardship and a global platform provides significant career opportunities for our people.
Ready to learn more?
If you’d like to have an open and confidential discussion about working with Andersen in Australia, please submit your resume below. We encourage you to connect with any of our team on LinkedIn to learn more.